Monday, November 24, 2008

Planeswalker Toolbox

So I haven't actually seen a decklist for one of these, but I have heard that there are decks loaded full of planeswalkers, and then throw in cards like esper charm, wrath of god, cryptic command, mulldrifter and bitterblossom. I'm talking five color decks here with garruk, chandra, jace, ajani vengent, sarkhan vol and elsperth. What do you guys think of these monstrosities? Seems like they'd be weak to control (too slow) and weanie aggro (again, too slow) but could destroy aggro-control or mid-range aggro. I don't know for sure, but when I think about it it still seems a bit weak. But imagine having three planeswalkers and a bitterblossom down. Seems kinda hard to lose.

The idea is instead of consistency, it goes for versatility. It would have to be piloted by an experienced magic player who is familiar with the meta-game.

If anyone wants to try a decklist I'd like to see it. My challenge of the week with galepowder was just hinting at the three color planeswalker toolbox, but what would five color look like? Can it win?

2 comments:

Shirolotus said...

Soon as I build a Galepowder for my challenge this week I'll get on looking at your one-up challenge this week. I have a feeling consistency it out the door, and versatility with it - like you said you're going to likely get eaten by quick control and quick aggro.

too much cheap counters even now that say, you just now built to 4-5 mana to play a plainswalker? Nope sorry I have a blue that says pay one mana you don't have.

Nevertheless I accept your challenge muhaha.

DRokRoss said...

http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=1110648