Saturday, November 29, 2008

BRG Tokens

Looks like I'll be able to FNM next friday. My tokens are my most complete deck, so I just need to make them playable. Here's what I have.

4x Bitterblossom
4x Jund Charm
4x Nantuko Husk
4x Sprouting Thrinax
4x Kitchen Finks
3x Goblin Assault
4x Marsh Flitter
2x Sarkhan Vol
3x Grave Pact
3x Caldera Hellion

That looks pretty good to me. I am missing one card, and I would like it to be a third Sarkhan Vol. I may have to wait till Friday night to see what I can trade for to find out what I would add, but Sarkhan Vol is optimal, with Hellion, Assault, then Grave Pact, in that order.

4x Savage Lands
1x Vivid Grove
1x Vivid Marsh
1x Vivid Crag
3x Karplusan Forest
2x Llanowar Wastes
3x Sulfurous Springs
3x Graven Cairns
1x Fire-lit Thicket
1x Twilight Mire
2x Reflecting Pools

Missing two cards to make a sixty card deck, ideally both reflecting pools. I hope I can find someone to let me borrow two reflecting pools on Friday. As for my other lands, I'd like to -1 Karplusan Forest, -1 Sulfurous Springs, +1 Fire-lit Thicket, +1 Twilight Mire. I haven't played my deck enough to know if that is the ideal land situation or not, so I'll solitaire it a few times hopefully to see if I'm getting the lands I need.

Sideboard:

4x Mogg Fanatic
4x Cloudthresher
4x Fulminator Mage
3x Flame Javelin

I think that is probably ok. My maindeck should destroy most aggro. Jund Charm hates reveillark and is a board sweeper. Firespout wrapped up in a dude. My sideboard helps against weanie (fanatic), fairy (fanatic + cloudthresher), control (javelin), 3 4 or 5 color (fulminator). I think if anyone is playing the planeswalker parade stuff, that might be hard to beat. I am very weak to lifegain and enchantments.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Maybe I can find a time to do some playtesting with you guys this week, too, if you want.

(by the way, drok, your cards are 2x sarkhan vol, 2x llanowar wastes, 1x Karplusan Forest, 1x twilight mire. Is that all? The reflecting pools I think you said were mine, and I think I remember trading for a fire-lit thicket at some point. Also I have 4x chameleon collosus, 4x primal command, and 1x foily murmuring bosk of yours. And 4x fulminator mage.

No comments: