Friday, March 26, 2010

Extended Vore!

Well I wanted to try to make something viable since I'm having a hard time getting new cards. This looks pretty good to me. I've tested it a little and I beat scapeshift easily, especially after boarding in blood moon. I played about eight matches with zoo and it went 50/50. I assumed this would be my worst match-up. Then I remembered my worst matchup is probably RDW. I did beat RW weanie aggro 2-1 in a match, but it felt like a fluke because i was at one life for four turns in a row while he couldn't draw a land. I played four times in a row vs. various U-control decks and they stood no chance. I think if i show up with this deck i can win some matches. i hope so, because this is about all i can put together with my card pool, and this is what i wanted to play anyway.

4 ponder
4 treasure hunt
4 spreading seas
3 compulsive research
4 stone rain
4 molten rain
4 fulminator mage
3 magnivore
3 wildfire
3 repeal

8 mountain
5 island
4 steam vents
4 scalding tarn
4 cascade bluffs

board
4 blood moon
3 cryoclasm
2 chain reaction
3 shattering spree
3 pyroclasm

I think it would be better with the new Jace, but since I'm talking about cards I have or realistically think i can get, i won't include him. But i'd have him in the MD instead of repeal. Honestly Repeal may be almost as good for this deck, anyway.

1 comment:

Sean said...

If you don't have all the faerie stuff you need, just play elfgrenade. you just need horizon canopy, forge-tender (in board), ranger of eos, glimpse of nature, and you already have everything else. maybe a pendlehaven.

i have the horizon canopy and the pendlehaven. i have cloudstone curio, too, i think.