Monday, April 12, 2010

I'm going to quit "fixing" Open the Vaults

So after some reflection my post-FNM attempts to "fix" the deck for Jund and mono-white has pretty much been lame. So I just want to have some random 1-of's, and take out some good cards like Martial Coup and Day of Judgment. And this time I will refrain from using Tainted Sigil. And I won't have Sanguine Bond in the maindeck, or even the sideboard for that matter.

Ok, for real this time.

4x Everflowing Chalice
1x Dispeller's Capsule
1x Executioner's Capsule
1x Courier's Capsule
4x Spreading Seas
4x Pilgrim's Eye
3x Fieldmist Borderpost
3x Mistvein Borderpost
2x Jace, the Cool Guy
4x Sphinx of Lost Truths
3x Scourglass
4x Open the Vaults
4x Filigree Angel

2 Swamp
10 Plains
10 Island

sideboard
2 Magister Sphinx (essentially a late-game combat trick vs people playing lifegain. Play him, swing for more than 10 and win)
3 Executioner's Capsule (this thing is just an unplayed common, but it is pretty good in some match-ups, like RDW--bye bye Ball Lightning--Naya, and anyone playing Iona, cause they will certainly name white.
4 Vedalken Outlander --RDW is my worst match-up (other than the mirror match) so this guy makes some good sense
3 Pithing Needle --it is great vs Grixis Control cause they can't do anything about it. It is good vs jund, until they pulse. But then again, I'd prefer them to pulse this than my borderposts.
3 Identity Crisis -- pretty good against everything in the tier 1 range. This is neccessary for me to win the mirror match. Also, it nerfs unearth, and knight of the rel. Oh, and I guess exiling their hand is ok, right?

No comments: