Tuesday, February 16, 2010

a misguided first attempt at making a fun RU roiling ruin

Instead of trying to base it off of UB, I was thinking of starting with RDW and making changes. You're a better UB builder than me, for sure, so you might have better insights to go from that side. But when I had the idea for Roiling Ruin being good with U, I was thinking of how UB can put some cards in the yard.

But I know I'm pretty terrible with building UB, so I thought maybe a RDW variant could be viable.

Something like:

the burn and control part
Lightning Bolt
Burst Lightning
Volcanic Fallout

the LD part
Goblin Ruin Blaster
Roiling Ruin

the jank part
Font of Mythos
Ruin Flare Trap

Cards that seem to fit the theme and might make it more consistent, but look like more lose-sauce:

Jace Beleren
Double Negative
Earthquake

So now that I'm looking down this list of cards it seems like I might need to rethink this. A lot.

I just want to find a good home for Roiling Ruin. I think the ramp-LD deck is a much better fit than this, at least right now. I'm not sure there's anything to salvage from this. Which is a pity, because I love UR.

No comments: