Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Maralen Lock Toolbox

3 Maralen of the Mornsong
2 Mindlock Orb
4 Tezzeret the seeker
4 Esperzoa

1 Ethersworn Adjudicator
1 Scepter of Fugue
1 Loxodon Warhammer
1 Master Transmuter
1 Sculpting Steel
1 Courier's Capsule
3 Executioner's Capsule
4 Etherium Sculptor
4 Mind Stone
4 Cryptic Command
4 Countersquall

22 Mostly blue lands. Some black & white in there too I think.

Transmuter & Esperzoa bounce the Orb for tutor abuse on my turn.
Maralen + Card Draw...
Mindlock Orb + Tutors...
this one smells like a winner to me.

4 comments:

Sean said...

I love toolbox decks. I give this five out of five wrenches

Sean said...

I give it five mishra's baubles out of five!

DRokRoss said...

Very good looking deck. Lots of bounciness and options. Only thing... do you really think that 22 land and 4 Mind Stones is enough. Tezzeret is not an Artifact and doesn't get any cheaper by the sculpter.

maybe cut to 3 Tezzeret +1 land?

Some Borderposts go in here when Alara Reborn comes out?

Mistvein Borderpost
1ub
Artifact Common
You may pay 1 and return a basic land you control its owner's hand rather than pay Mistvein Borderpost's mana cost.
Mistvein Borderpost comes into play tapped.
{T}: Add {U} or {B} to your mana pool.
Illus. Pete Venters #27/145

These exist in all allied colors


All in all: Awesome Toolbox

DRokRoss said...

I wanted to build a variant from your deck here Zors, but I dont have the cards to do so. :( I built a pretty nice one though that will be revealed soon.