Thursday, February 12, 2009

Goblins revisited

19 Mountains
4x Tattermunge Maniac
4x Intimidator Initiate
4x Mogg Fanatic
4x Mudbutton Clanger
4x Tarfire
4x Lash Out
3x Incinerate
4x Goblin King
4x Sensation Gorger
4x Boggart Ram-Gang
2x Seismic Assault

sideboard
4x Flame Javelin
4x Magma Spray
4x Dragon's Claw
3x Relic of Progenitus

Actually this deck can beat some face on the unsuspecting. To win game two or three I need to hope they don't draw their firespout or wrath by turn five.

Here's my question--where does Voracious Dragon go, and with just 19 lands do I just swap it out for seismic assault?? Anything I'm missing?

Sensation Gorger is amazing. Lash Out (not a goblin card) is also pretty amazing the 1/3 times that I win the clash, and also it helps filter out non-goblins when I have the gorger in play. But maybe it could be the cut, also.

What about Raging Goblin instead of mudbutton clangor?

I might actually put this deck together as my FNM deck, just because it will be pretty cheap to maintain. So I want it to be able to go 3-2-0 at least.

Here's some other ideas...

Giantbaiting
Burn Trail
Bogart Shenanigans
Changeling Berserker
Chaotic Backlash (for sideboard)

1 comment:

DRokRoss said...

I like -2 Seismic Assault, +2 Voracious Dragon.

As far as cards you are missing? Maybe Banefire?

I think that your curve is fast enough to not have to worry about the Raging Goblin. You might however opt for Mudbutton Torchrunner instead?

Giantbaiting - bad
Burntrail - would rather see the banefire instead
Bogart Shenanigans ??? really???
Changeling Berserker I think you will find the he is going to be waste of mana most of the time, if you had cip effects, maybe then -however I dont see where you'd fit him.
Chaotic Backlash - meh. if blue white is that big of a deal, while not Vexing Shusher?